Patch 1.08 is finally available in Valorant, and very few changes are to be expected. Despite the matchmaking queue changes, only Raze and the Guardian are concerned by this patch.
- Initial damage reduced to 15 with a .2 meter inner radius, falling off to 5 minimum damage.
- Once the satchel lands, it arms after .5 seconds, increasing it’s max damage to 50.
- Shooting the blast pack causes it to detonate, dealing its current damage amount.
- Satchel no longer does damage allies.
- Price reduced from 2500 >>> 2400
- Improved Rate of fire from 4.75 >>> 5.25 RPS (rounds per second).
- Improved weapon recovery from .35 after 3 bullets to .2925 after 3 bullets.
Map Rotation Changes
Matchmaking queue for all modes has been updated to measure all your recently played maps.
Riot Ziegler, Valorant Game Director, has announced some news that should please the community. Riot Games is currently thinking about a new system to prevent a player from playing on the same map too many times.
Quality of Life
- Observers will now see a timer rather than their screen being obscured when observing a player who is blinded.
- Minimap performance improvements.
- The social panel will now pause sorting while you’re hovering or interacting with it.
- Updated verbiage in the All Ranks modal in the Career page to be more consistent with Competitive overtime rules.
- Prime Classic VFX fixed — There was a bug in which upgrade Prime levels (2–4) were not playing the correct tracers, sound fx, and other VFX.
- Fixed a bug where the End of Game screen would display a “Still processing” message, and then wouldn’t show that match in your Career tab.
- Fixed a bug where “High Skill Disparity” would display in Custom Game Lobbies.