The Pitch Notes released by EA in the run up to FIFA 21 detail just what changes we can expect. Here's all you need to know.
Topics covered include:
- The new overarching Player Personality feature, a running theme throughout FIFA 21;
- Agile Dribbling allows you to take greater control of your player on the ball;
- Make space and create the perfect opportunities with **Creative Runs;
- Positioning Personality puts you firmly in charge of where your AI teammates will be;
- New animations implemented to ensure Smoother Encounters.
- Competitor Mode is a new setting designed to 'refresh the CPU AI' in Career Mode.
- Significant changes to the 'Fundamentals of Football', including headers, defending, blocking and passing.
- Increased Control, covering skill moves, tackling, finesse shots and cancel mechanics among others.
- Skill Moves improvements mean you can now use more moves with less penalties incurred for chaining.
There are also a raft of quality of life improvements thanks to community feedback, online gameplay, and other general changes designed to increase the experience for players.
The Gameplay Pitch Notes are significant and in-depth. You can check them out here.
FIFA 21 comes to current and next-gen consoles on October 6, 2020.