Do you feel you have what it takes to become the coach of a professional Overwatch team? Have you ever dreamed of joining the highest stage of Overwatch's competitive scene?
You might have a shot here because the Chengdu Hunters have recently published on Twitter a recruitment announcement for a Head Coach!
Currently ranked 18th in the Overwatch League standings, the Chinese team has suffered many setbacks this season. With the departure of RUI, on November 16, the team lost its Head coach, who had been replaced by two Co-Head Coaches. This recruitment announcement should allow the team to return to a more usual model, with a Head Coach and several assistant coaches.
To apply, you will need:
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of Overwatch and the esports industry in general, with at least one year of coaching experience.
- Having a good understanding of competitive strategy, while being willing to adapt, great communication skills, both with the team and with the media, as well as demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to develop and implement a complete tactical and training plan based on the composition of the team.
- Be in regular contact with the team's physical trainers and mental health counseling services
- Being able to speak and write fluent Chinese, a second language being preferable (either English or Korean)
To apply, you will need to send your CV, personal goals for the teams, as well as coaching ideas to the Hunters email, which you will find here: email@example.com
It won't be easy to become the Head Coach of Chengdu Hunters, who need support in order to go up the slope for their last games of the season and the Countdown Cup.
After the victory of Paris Eternal and Guangzhou Charge, the Overwatch League takes a break this weekend and will resume next week!