The Zodiac Weapons are the first relics in Final Fantasy XIV, and while they’re not the weapons when used for combat you can — if you’re brave enough — farm these to use as glamour items. They can be quite hard to farm, as some mechanics are as old as Patch 2.28 and require lots of farming.
With this guide we’ll upgrade the weapons from Novus to Nexus and the Light farming that is one of the hardest step of this relic after the books.
If you missed our dedicated guides for the first steps of the A Realm Reborn relics, please feel free to visit those here:
- How to get your Relic
- How to upgrade the Relic to Zenith and Atma
- How to upgrade the Relic to Animus
- How to upgrade the Relic to Novus
This step of the relic is quite simple, but can take a very long time to complete as a lot of farming is required.
Players will need to gather 2000 Lights into their weapon before reporting in to upgrade the relic. When checking the current level of light of your relics the tiers correspond to the following numbers:
- No Activity → -200
- Indistinct Activity → 200 to 399
- Faint Activity → 400 to 599
- Slight Activity → 600 to 799
- Modest Activity → 800 to 999
- Distinct Activity → 1000 to 1199
- Robust Activity → 1200 to 1399
- Vigorus Activity → 1400 to 1599
- Intense Activity → 1600 to 1799
- Extreme Activity → 1800 to 1999
- Bursting Activity → More than 2000
Once finishing one of the duties that can augment your relic’s light the message displayed on screen will indicated which type of light you got from the duty, as following:
- Feeble → 8 lights
- Gentle → 16 lights
- Bright → 32 lights
- Brillant → 48 lights
- Blinding → 96 lights
- Newborn Star → 128 lights
From my personal experience of the relic farm, the quickest way of finishing this step is by speed running The Tam-Tara Deepcroft unsync as a run is close to 2 minutes only and will get you a Brillant and Blinding level of lights.
We’ll make sure to publish the next step of the guide soon, so please feel free to check our dedicated portal here.
Traveling long distances is quite common in Final Fantasy XIV but did you know you can speed up your mounts? Here is how you can get Riding Maps to make your mounts faster in FF14.
If you're done with your ilvl 535 Save The Queen relic in Final Fantasy XIV here is how you can get a glowless replica.