Far from being a racing game like Need For Speed, Cyberpunk 2077 will however offer you to be behind the wheel of various cars, trucks and motorcycles in Night City. Scheduled for release on December 10 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X | S, Stadia and PC, the long-awaited game of the year will allow you to discover a wide variety of retro-futuristic vehicles inspired by the 80s.
Most of the vehicles on this list are original creations by the developers, but some are taken from the real world. Cyberpunk 2077 cars all fall into different categories: based on the type of vehicle but also based on the magnitude of their estimated cost, which is relevant if you buy them, or steal them for resale.
To date, we know of 5 different classes of vehicles to move around this gigantic open-world:
Some interesting facts about vehicles
- All Cyberpunk 2077 vehicles are equipped with an AI (Artificial Intelligence) that will allow V (main hero or heroine) to bring the car to his feet, a bit like a horse that would be whistled in Zelda Breath of The Wild.
- It's possible to own several vehicles but only one of them cannot be activated at a time,
- The player can choose to drive in the 1st person or in the 3rd person (note, this option is not valid when playing V, which will then only be in sight in the 1st person),
- There are 12 different car makers in the Cyberpunk 2077 universe
- It is impossible to customize your vehicles,
- There are flying vehicles but which will be playable only during certain parts of the story,
- The developers have designed a racing mini-game that they promise to be much more original than ordinary racing games.