It went a bit unnoticed, but on the pitch notes EA Sports published about the FIFA 21 gameplay, one paragraph said: "Improved quality of life."
EA Sports decided to remove some celebrations considered as toxic, like the "Shhhhh!" or the famous Dele Alli "A-OK".
Here's watch pitch notes included for improving the quality of life:
- Removal of some celebrations, including Shush and A-OK FUT Celebration.We are planning to make more changes in this area, so stay tuned.
- Removal of the walk back cinematic after a goal in Online matches.
- Reduced the length of goal celebrations.
- Reduced the waiting time for multiple set pieces, which had all been set to 30 seconds at the launch of FIFA 20.
- Kick-off – 10 seconds
- Throw-in – 12 seconds
- Goal Kick – 15 seconds
- Corner Kick – 15 seconds
- Penalty Kick – 15 seconds
- Free Kick – 20 seconds
- Kick-in – 15 seconds (VOLTA FOOTBALL only)
- Auto Skip some animation sequences when ball goes out of play in Online matches. For example: when a player goes fetch the ball on a throw-in situation, or when the keeper slowly walks to put the ball down for a goal kick.
- Reworked logic to improve detection of when the half and end of match should finish.