Releasing on February 25th, Season 2 for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone finally confirms the release of the brand-new Outbreak game mode alongside new Operators, new multiplayer maps and so much more.
A progressive update will go live on February 23rd between 9PM PT and 11PT for Black Ops Cold War. Warzone will also receive a progressive update on February 24th between the hours of 9PM PT and 11PM PT.
Black Ops Cold War Roadmap
Four new Operators
- Naga - Warsaw Pact - Available during Launch Week.
- Samantha Maxis - NATO - Available during the season.
- Wolf - NATO - Available during the season
- Rigas - NATO - Available during the season.
Six New Weapons
- FARA 83 Assault Rifle - Available by reaching Tier 15 of the Season 2 Battle Pass.
- LC10 SMG - Available by reaching Tier 31 of the Season 2 Battle Pass.
- Machete - Available during the season.
- E-Tool - Available during the season.
- R1 Shadowhunter Crossbow - Available during the season.
- ZRG 20mm Sniper Rifle - Available during the season.
Four new Multiplayer Maps
- Apocalypse (6v6) - Available during Launch Week.
- Golova (Multi-Team) - Available during the season.
- Mansion (Gunfight, 3v3) - Available during the season.
- Miami Strike (6v6) - Available during the season.
New Game Modes
- Gun Game - Available during Launch Week.
- Stockpile - Hybrid of Kill Confirmed and Hardpoint - Available during the season.
- Hardpoint Multi-Team - Available during the season.
- Death Machine - Minigun armed with fast fire rate and high damage output - Available during Launch Week.
Outbreak Game Mode
After weeks of leaks and speculation, the Outbreak game mode has finally been revealed.
Described as a new, large-scale Zombies experience unlike any other, squads of four will work together to complete a range of new objectives while eliminating endless waves of the undead.
Players can expect to encounter new opposition as they attempt to discover even more secrets on Projekt Endstation.
New Field Upgrade
A brand-new Field Upgrade will be arriving as part of Season 2. Once activated, Frenzied Guard will alert all enemies to the location of the user.
This can be helpful when other players are surrounded by the undead, and is a sure-fire way of racking up plenty of points in a short period of time.
The Field Upgrade can be upgraded using Aethrium Crystals, which range from repairing armor, increasing its duration, and slowing all enemies to walking speed.
New Ammo Mod
When Pack-A-Punching a weapon and using the Elemental Pop Perk, players will receive the Shatter Blast Ammo Mod.
The mod gives all bullets the ability to deal explosive damage. Every bullet also has the chance to explode, which deals even more explosive damage and destroys any armor that it comes into contact with.
New Skills Tiers
The launch of Season 2 brings two new types of Aetherium Crystals to Zombies. Refined and Flawless crystals can be used to upgrade all available skills to Tier 4 and Tier 5.
To earn the new crystals, attempt to run the gauntlet and make it into the higher rounds of a Zombies match or opt to complete several investigations in Outbreak to further improve Ammo Mods, Field Upgrades, and more.