If you've had enough of grassy areas, forests and bushes, Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 should interest you. Instead of the center of the island, a huge post-apocalyptic desert appeared as a result of the fight against Galactus. It's not just an arid landscape: it opens the way to many gameplay changes.
It's indeed possible to let oneself be sucked into the quicksand, while remaining motionless for a few seconds on the desert. We believed at the beginning that it was an additional danger which lurked our avatar, but no!
Quicksand simply allows you to hide yourself from the eyes of enemies.
Once buried, you only appear as a small sand-colored mound, very hard to spot.
The icing on the cake? You can move around in this form, and it will even make you go faster. Ideal for passing under the sniper's radar, this new feature offers new possibilities of rotation.
- You can suffer gunshot damage even when buried.
- You can't build while buried.
- You cannot use weapons while buried.
- If you pass over any surface other than sand, you'll come out of your landfill.
- Jumping out of the sand is much the same as jumping out of a garbage can or haystack.
Original content by Romain "Zorg" Becquelin.
In Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5, each character has their own series of quests. The first ones concern the Mandalorian, the iconic Star Wars bounty hunter.