It has now been 16 days that Assassin's Creed Valhalla has been available on almost all media in existence and today, Ubisoft Montreal offers us a significant patch, which should notably improve the stability of the Xbox Series X and PS5 versions. These two versions should also have a performance mode and a quality mode, by default, the console versions were set in performance mode. For the full patch notes and the patch's weight depending on your platform, it's just below.
- Xbox One: 4.9gb
- Xbox Series: 5.3gb
- PS4: 4.1gb
- PS5 : 2.5gb
- PC: 4.3gb
Update 1.0.4 Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Patch Notes
Graphics / performance mode
- Added an option to the game that allows players to choose between Performance or Visual Quality.
- This option is available for PlayStation 5.
- Choosing Performance allows the game to adapt resolution and graphics settings to maintain 60 FPS.
- Choosing the quality allows the game to run at maximum resolution and graphics settings while maintaining 30 FPS.
- Added a new background image to the title screen.
- Added various special effects to improve visuals.
- Added an option that will automatically assign all nodes on the path when acquiring a central skill.
- Added rune categories to the runes menu. All runes are now categorized as weapon and armor runes.
- Added warning when switching from a language that supports TTS to one that does not.
- Cursors can now be moved with left / right arrows on M&K and controllers.
- Increased tissue limit to 82.
- Added fabric to traders once settlement has reached level 6.
- Added requirements for altars to the world map.
- Updating the quality of equipment and equipment to their correct values.
- Added assassination damage stats to the character stats page.
- Duplicate equipment has been removed from inventory.
- Heavy and Light Attack stats will now adjust correctly based on skill nodes acquired.
- Heavy attack modifiers will no longer be applied to ranged attacks.
Performance and stability
- Improved stability and performance.
- Save games
- Fixed some cases where Load Game would not display saves correctly.
- Cloud backups renamed to distinguish them from regular backups. Previously, cloud backup was only highlighted with a cloud icon. They will now be called, for example, "Manual Save Cloud"
- Delete Cloud recordings from the Record menu. This will ensure that it cannot be inadvertently overwritten.
- Added notification when a cloud backup recovery failed.
Graphics, audio, animation
- Solved various graphics issues at all levels.
- Solved various currency exchange issues.
- Fixed various clipping issues.
- Fixed various visual issues with Eivor's cloak.
- Fixed various animation issues for players or NPCs.
- Fixed various audio issues.
- Fixed various lighting issues. Shadow resolution on High will now use the correct values.
- Addressed various texture or object placement issues.
Fixed some cases where the player could get stuck in specific locations.
- Fish in Norway will now spawn in bad weather. Yeah, we must have read this one twice too.
- Crows will no longer drop randomly from the sky in Asgard.
Gameplay, Combat, AI
- Fixed various bow aiming issues.
- Improved behavior of NPCs and bosses at all levels.
- NPCs will now react to player theft… so think twice before flying!
- Fixed an issue where dogs would start to levitate when Eivor started petting them.
- Blocking Springald projectiles will now consume stamina as intended.
- Fanatics who were hit with a sleep dart can now be stunned. Sleep well.
- Fanatics will no longer heal when they are near the player.
- Guards who clearly saw Eivor shooting at their ally will now become hostile.
- The guards will now hear the impact of corpses falling to the ground.
- Improved guard response to whistling.
- Improved disguise behavior in areas of distrust.
Archery from the longship now consumes arrows.
- Players will now be able to air assassinate sleeping NPCs.
- Improved reeling behavior of fish.
- Fixed an issue where the horse would not use the gallop animation in combat.
- The crowd will now be applauding during the drinking games.
- Reworked sliding mechanism.
Quests, World Events, and Activities
- Fixed an issue where the assassination sequence would not play for some targets.
- Addressed various texture issues during cutscenes.
- Addressed various issues related to quests or world events that were preventing players from completing them.
- Players can no longer use the Fishing Tool or Horn while drunk walking with Tewdr * you're drunk, go home. *
- Subquests will now display the correct parent quest “Part Of”.
- Memory stream can now be chosen when starting a new game if the Hold Alternative option is set to ON.
- Increased frequency of experienced travelers.
User interface / HUD
- Fixed various issues with UI / HUD.
User Interface / HUD
- Resolved various mouse and keyboard typing issues
- Secrets will now be discovered when syncing a point of view. (This does not apply to the Pathfinder difficulty)
- Experienced travelers are now highlighted on the world map and on the compass when they are nearby.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the map from updating after players received information from a seasoned traveler.
- Increased Odin's sight radius and enemies will now be highlighted for longer.
- Improved the radius in which Synin reveals keys.
- Reduced Synin's view distance of materials.
- Improvement of the behavior of the objective beam.
- Colony building beams can now be seen using Odin's Sight.
- Improved the locking mechanics of enemy targets.
- “Sell All Trinkets” will now be grayed out after all trinkets are sold.
- Boss power levels will now be displayed on their health gauge. This does not apply to regular enemies.
- Normal brightness settings will no longer apply to HDR exposure settings.
- Codex will no longer announce or spoil certain events.
- Entries and desktop content on Layla's laptop are now commented out when menu narration is enabled.
- Colorblind filters are now correctly applied to the mini-quest log and the raid tutorial.
Capacities and skills
- Fixed an issue where players could no longer use abilities when the Valkyries' Dive ability was interrupted.
- NPCs or friendly horses can no longer trigger body traps.
- Fixed a display issue where the Toxic Powder Trap could become invisible after using Synin.
- Adjusted chain assassination behavior. Players will no longer be able to assassinate a tackled target.
- The secondary hand slot will no longer be available when a two-handed weapon is equipped (dual-use pre-heavy skill).
- Flaming powder traps now explode when stepping on the arrow.
- "Force Open" will now be displayed correctly even if nearby allies are in combat.
- Fixed an issue where allies would not help Eivor open a door during raids.
- Allies now return to the longship after the raid is complete.
- Added a timer until players can restart a raid that just ended.
- Effect values can now be adjusted with the arrow keys or WASD.
- The no filter option will now work correctly.
- The Territory panel is no longer displayed in photo mode.
- Editing filters will now work as expected.
- Addressed an issue where an Online Service error could temporarily occur when viewing photos on the world map.
- Snow FX will now focus on the camera instead of the player in photo mode.
- Added additional checkpoints to some boss fights.
- Fixed an issue that caused controllers to vibrate constantly.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck on a black screen after closing the menu with start.
Original content by Bastien "Lloyd" Dubosq-Luyer.