With its update called GO Beyond, Pokémon GO is celebrating the end of the year as it should by bringing us new features. In addition to the level cap at 50, the mobile game will offer a system of Seasons. These seasons will only last three months and will follow our own seasons: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer.
Important changes linked to the Seasons
- Various Pokémon will spawn in the wild more often , hatch from Eggs, and spawn in raids. Some Pokémon will be harder to find depending on the Season, so catch them while you can!
- Depending on which hemisphere you are in, you will encounter different Pokémon in the wild for each Season. For example, in Season 1, Winter-related Pokémon will appear wild in the Northern Hemisphere, while Burmy, Darumaka, and other Pokémon related to summer will be appearing in the wild in the southern hemisphere. You might notice other differences in the Pokémon you can find in the wild, too.
- Additionally, various forms of Deerling will appear in the wild depending on which hemisphere you are in, so stay tuned!
- Depending on the Seasons, the events will have specific themes!
- The Seasons will be continuously updated with more features and content.
Mega-Evolutions Affected by Seasons
For each new Season, Trainers will be able to enjoy updates on Mega Evolved Pokémon.
- New Mega-Evolved Pokémon will appear in raids every Season!
- Some Mega Evolved Pokémon will have limited time periods during which they will have increased CP totals and Trainers will have more options to use those Mega Evolved Pokémon easily!
Changes to the GO Battle League
The launch of Seasons also brings its share of changes to the GO Battle League! The GO Battle League will increase from 10 to 24 ranks, and the first four ranks will have new names and badges . This innovation will be accompanied by a whole new system of rewards. Indeed, Trainers will be able to earn more exclusive rewards as they progress through the ranks. GO Battle League rewards will also be tied to the current Season!
The GO Battle League seasons will go hand in hand with the four Seasons and their format will also change every three months.
The first season starts on December 1st!
From Tuesday, December 1, 2020, at 8:00 a.m., the first Season will begin: the Season of Festivities! Pokémon originally discovered in the Kalos region will appear in Pokémon GO.
During this Season, Trainers will be able to participate in a series of in-game events, with Pokémon initially discovered in multiple regions. Whether you're a fan of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos, the Pokémon originally discovered in each of these regions will appear as Professor Willow learns more and celebrates their rich stories.
Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie and other Pokémon from the Kalos region are now here in Pokémon GO. It's time to complete your Pokédex with the sixth generation of creatures.