The Early Access beta for Black Ops Cold War is now available to PS4 players who pre-ordered the game digitally. But don't panic, players who have pre-ordered the physical version (or not) will be able to enjoy it from October 10th.
What exactly will be included in the first weekend of the beta?
The game modes
- Team Deathmatch
- Kill confirmed
- Combined Arms: Domination - we play on larger maps than usual in 12v12 where tanks can shoot you very easily. Other vehicles such as jet-skis and snowmobiles will be at your disposal in order to travel on the map more quickly. As the name suggests, you will have to capture different points to lead your team to victory.
- VIP Escort - The main objective of this mode is to safely escort a VIP from one area to another without harming them. The goal is to eliminate the entire opposing team or to make the trip in one piece with the VIP. Defending players will need to prevent the enemy VIP from escaping before your team is eliminated. Be careful, this is a one-life mode. Players can still revive their downed teammates before they die. Teamwork is the key to this particular mode.
- Combined Weapons: Assault - This is a larger version of the classic game mode: Hardpoint. The match takes place with two teams of 12 spread across the map to fight for control of a central neutral capture zone. Once this objective is captured, the next one opens deeper into enemy territory. The first team to successfully infiltrate and capture the enemy's final area wins.
The playable maps
- Cartel - New!
New features for beta
- A ping system similar to the one we already know on Warzone
- A new field of view slider for all platforms
- Customization of the HUD
- Ninja Perk Improvement
- Added aim assist for sniper rifles
- Footsteps reworked
- Global adjustment on weapons
- Adjustment for sprinting and sliding
- Better visibility in Miami
- Rework on the spawns
- Various other fixesFor Xbox One and PC players, you will be able to play the Early Access beta from October 15th and the game will be in open beta for all gaming platforms from October 17th. Unfortunately, we will not see the zombie mode at all for this beta, we will have to wait for the game's release on November 13.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will get a new ping system, FOV slider and a visual HUD toggle for its beta. Check out all the additions in this article.