With the introduction of this giant hammer, Mediatonic is giving Fall Guys a new lease of life. The changes proposed in the patch should help alleviate the cheating issue that has raged since launch.
The publisher is turning to the same systems Epic Games uses in the massively popular Fortnite.
Here is what you can expect in the update:
New anti-cheat system on PC
Mediatonic hasn't yet unveiled in detail the ins and outs of this new system.
Levels cosmetics will now be subject to variations from one game to another. Sometimes new items will invade levels where they don't usually appear.
Big Yeetus will possibly be implemented in other mini-games in the future.
Fall Ball timer down to 120 seconds from 150.
- Added ability to bind game actions to mouse buttons.
- Improved stability when creating parties on PS4.
- Improved stability when progressing from one round to another, there should be less disconnections in the qualification screen and round loading now.
- Bug fixes in levels, spectator mode and improved resilience when network errors occur.
- Lowered Min Player Counts for some levels to increase round variety.
The race against time continues, and the developers are struggling to find a solution against cheating, enemy No. 1 of Fall Guys. An update will soon tackle cheaters head-on, implementing some programs used by Fortnite, in particular.