During the worldwide multiplayer reveal for Black Ops Cold War, developers Treyarch detailed an all-new create-a-class system that will be used in the game.
The new system is set to combine the classic Pick 10 system with the system used in Modern Warfare.
In this article. we are going to break down the system and explain how it will work.
Previously seen in other Black Ops titles, wildcards offer another layer of depth to loadout customization.
The alpha build of the game contained a total of four wildcards, each allowing players to customize their loadout ranging from using extra perks to spawning in with additional lethal and tactical equipment.
- Danger Close - Equip extra lethal and tactical equipment
- Law Breaker - Equip any weapon in either slot and equip any perks
- Gunfighter - Unlocks three attachment slots for your primary weapon.
- Perk Greed - Select three additional perks.
After debuting in Modern Warfare, field upgrades make their return on Black Ops Cold War. Activated by pressing L1 and R1 (On PS4), there were four Field Upgrades on display.
- Jammer - Creates a field of electronic disruption, disabling the use of enemy Field Upgrades and disrupts the enemy mini-map.
- SAM Turret - Launches missiles at enemy airborne scorestreaks and player-piloted helicopters.
- Proximity Mine - Throwable mine that detonates when an enemy is in close proximity. It can be avoided by crouching when nearby. Destroys any vehicle that travels over it.
- Field Mic - A recording device that highlights enemy sounds on your mini-map.
The Gunsmith from Modern Warfare returns on Black Ops Cold War, giving players millions of ways to customize their primary weapon. Each weapon has a total of 54 attachments along with detailed weapon statistics to see the impact of each attachment.
Without using a wildcard, the standard number of attachments that can be equipped is five.
There are seven different attachment slots to pick from each weapon:
The weapons on Black Ops Cold War have their own progression system like Modern Warfare. The more levels progressed, the greater range of attachments that are available for use.
It appears Treyarch is doing its best to combine the best features from Black Ops and Modern Warfare loadout creation to make a unique customization experience for players. There is a lot of depth to the system ,enabling the creation of a range of loadouts to suit all styles of play.