The first even in-game event has gone live in both Modern Warfare and Warzone. Both Warzone and Modern Warfare owners can be involved in the event, which centres around setting a range of records in Trials.
Playing in the event enables players to earn bonus content which can be used in Verdansk and Modern Warfare multiplayer.
Find the full breakdown of the event below:
For the first time in Call of Duty franchise history, community members from around the world – both those who own Modern Warfare and free-to-play Warzone – will be able to represent their country in easy-to-play, hard-to-master, single-player Trials of skill. By earning medals in each Trial, competitors will prove which country’s Tier One Operators are truly the best in the world.
Within Games of Summer, there are five Trials. These miniature experiences are similar to those introduced at Modern Warfare’slaunch and in post-launch Season updates.
Trials will be available for Modern Warfare and free-to-play Warzone players. Players will have unlimited entries, meaning you can keep playing them to set your best time or score and go for Gold.
- Gun Course (Starts on August 28th) Make your way through the course as quickly as possible while taking down all enemy targets. Avoid civilian casualties.
- Gold medal time: 40 seconds
- Silver medal time: One minute
- Bronze medal time: One minute thirty seconds
2. Price's Alley (Starts on August 29th) Eliminate an endless wave of opponents while avoiding civilian casualties to maintain the combo for as long as possible.
- Gold medal score: 6000
- Silver medal score: 5000
- Bronze medal score: 4000
3. Risky Parkour (Starts August 30th) Navigate your way through each checkpoint and finish the course as fast as possible. Don't touch the gas!
- Gold medal time: 40 seconds
- Silver medal time: 47 seconds
- Bronze medal time: 55 seconds
4. Shooting Range (Starts August 31st) Locate and shoot all targets in the area as fast as possible.
- Gold medal time: 30 seconds
- Silver medal time: 40 seconds
- Bronze medal time: 50 seconds
5. Marksman Challenge (Starts September 1st) Engage in waves of long-range targets and beat the clock.
- Gold medal score: 4400
- Silver medal score: 3900
- Bronze medal score: 3400
Each player that takes part in the Games of Summer will receive rewards based on their respective performance. If a player secures a gold medal on their first attempt, they will earn all three rewards.
Each medal comes with its own rewards, with all players earning an exclusive weapon charm for participating in the event. Rewards include calling cards, vehicle skins, XP tokens, and more.
Players that earn gold in all five trials will earn a legendary assault rifle blueprint on top of individual medals going to the country players represent. The top 15 countries will be visible on leaderboards which can be found inside the game.
At the end of the event, the country with the most medals will become champion! Who is going to take the top spot?!