This is the third Experimental patch in three weeks, with this specific experience focusing on meta balancing.
For several months shields are ubiquitous in Overwatch, making some heroes obsolete. The purpose of this test is to rule out certain heroes in favor of others. The experimental map is already available on PC and console servers and uses the classic 2-2-2 role-queue rules.
Heroes Balance Changes
Base health reduced from 200 to 150 hp.
• Total healing (passive) decreased from 130 to 90 (21 to 15 hp per second).
• Self-healing is no longer reduced by half.
Base armor reduced from 250 to 200 .
• The radius is reduced from 7 to 4 meters.
• Projectile speed increased from 20 to 30 .
• Movement speed increased by 20%
• Regeneration rate reduced from 50 to 35 per second
• Duration reduced from 3 to 2.5 seconds
• Ammo reduced from 6 to 5
• Damage per projectile increased from 6 to 7
• Recovery increased from 0.7 to 0.85 seconds
• Health reduced from 900 to 700
• Regeneration rate reduced from 120 to 80 per second
• Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds
• Delay before losing charge increased from 2 to 4 seconds
• Cooldown reduced from 12 to 10 seconds
Orb of Destruction
• Charge rate increased 15% (0.6 down to 0.52 seconds per orb)
• Rate of fire increased from 8.5 to 9 shots per second
As usual, the changes mentioned above only concern the Experimental mode. Extremely subject to evolve, they might very well never be implemented into the game.
In August it's time for the Overwatch Summer Games! The summer event returns for a new edition and will bring many legendary skins, as well as many new features. Legendary skins have already been unveiled, everything in this article.
Original content by "Skywalker".