A new update is available in Overwatch! Adding some new features to Patch 1.50, it mainly focuses on the arrival of a new Experimental insert, which tests a Moira rework and slight changes on Genji.
Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – July 1, 2020
- Fixed a bug with the “New” player icon tag remaining in the same location after filtering.
- Fixed a bug with the “New” player icon tag not displaying for new icons when sorting by hero.
- Fixed a bug with the Career Profile screen that caused specific languages to display overlapping stringsFixed a bug with the Career Profile screen that caused statistics strings to overlap each other.
- Fixed a bug with the Career Profile screen that caused the “All Competitive Seasons” option to not display in the Competitive Season drop-down menu.
- Fixed a bug with the FFA arcade game mode that caused 1P and 3P spectating to not function.
- Fixed a bug with the FFA arcade game mode that caused the Defeat screen to display for the winning team.
- Fixed a bug with the FFA arcade game mode not adding Replays for players within the match.
- Fixed a bug in Custom Games that caused Echo’s primary fire sound to play too loudly when using the “No Ammunition Requirement” setting.
- Fixed a bug in Custom Games that caused the Deathmatch announcer voice line to incorrectly state total kills remaining if the game mode was set to a custom score.
- Fixed a bug with incorrect team colors displaying for the winning team after a match concludes.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the jump landing sound effect to play if holding down the space bar.
- Fixed a bug that caused loot box unlocks to not display properly for Sprays, Player Icons and Hero Portraits belonging to voice lines.
- Fixed a bug in Tutorial that caused training bots to not display their health bars.
- Fixed a bug with the Role Select screen not appearing properly on multiple main menu screens for non-group leaders.
- Fixed a bug in Capture the Flag that caused the contesting sound effect to not change in pitch based on the flag’s proximity to the capture point.
Temple of Anubis
- Fixed a bug that would cause Wrecking Ball mines to become stuck inside the terrain
- Fixed a bug with the Deflect sound effect not matching the duration of the ability.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Genji to take projectile damage during a Deflect if too close to an enemy.
- Fixed a bug with Sonic Arrow not giving vision through walls when deflected by Genji.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Wrecking Ball to grapple around in crab form under certain conditions.
OVERWATCH EXPERIMENTAL PATCH NOTES - JULY 23, 2020
EXPERIMENTAL HERO UPDATES
- Damage decreased from 30 to 28.
- Recovery increased from 0.65 to 0.75.
- Attach angle reduced by 37%.
- Damage radius reduced from 4 meters to 3 meters.
- Projectile slow amount after a target is found increased from -72.5% to -80%.
- Damage-per-second now scales based on how close the target(s) are to the Biotic OrbBetween 0 – 1 meter: It will deal 150 damage per second.
- Between 1 meter – 3 meters : Scales linearly down from 150 to 25 damage per second.
- The total potential damage the Biotic Orb can deal is unchanged: 200 damage total.
- Now phases out all allies within 6 meters (and self) for 1 second after exiting Fade.
- Phasing makes a hero immune to all damage and effects. It will work exactly like Reaper’s Wraith Form or Moira’s own Fade effect in this regard.
COVID-19's pandemic has affected the entire world and esports hasn't been spared. The cancellation of physical competitions is a big loss for some organizations. Faced with their plight, Activision Blizzard would consider helping the Overwatch and Call of Duty franchises.