While Pokémon Sword and Shield has been out for a few days now, some of you are already wondering how to understand Pokémon's breeding. We know that this can be interesting for competitive reasons, or for Shiny Hunting. This is why, in this guide, we reveal to you the most effective way to find Ditto. So you can start looking at Breeding and Egg Moves!
Catch a Ditto
- You need to have the bike that rides on water (obtainable at the beginning of route 9 by fighting the Team Yell).
- Have the 8 Gym badges because Ditto encounters will be between level 55 and 60. If you go first, you won't be able to capture them (except with 7 badges and the chance of running into a Ditto level 55).
- Go to the Wild Area at the Hammerlocke Hills. Then, go directly to the right to reach Lake of Outrage, as indicated on our map.
- Then cross the water to reach a large piece of land with a circle of menhirs. Once you are in these surroundings, know that you have a 10% chance of meeting a walking Ditto, and a 2% chance of meeting him in aggression in the tall grass (non-overworld).
- If you can't make it appear, move away so that the Pokémon disappear, then come back so that the appearances are different. In 10 minutes maximum you should find your Ditto. Then engage in battle and catch it (reminder: it will be level 55 to 60).
- If you are lucky, you may encounter a Ditto during one of your Max Raid Battle. This will allow you to get the Pokémon faster than described above and without any prerequisites. It seems there is only one Pokémon cave where we can cross this famous Ditto. It's located just after the pension bridge on the right (there is a tree just to the left).
- Depending on the number of badges you have at that time, its level will be different and its difficulty (from 1 to 5 stars) too.
How to use it?
Like most other Pokémon in the game, Ditto mates when left at the Daycare with a partner (regardless of the partner's gender). However, Ditto can mate with all Pokémon in the game (except for known exceptions such as legendary Pokémon and other special cases). So you only need one copy of each Pokémon and one Ditto to make a bag of eggs!
In Pokémon sword and shield, all kinds of Pokémon exist, some easy to capture, some a little harder. Today, we reveal the position of Feebas and Milotic in this guide!