Gold is the base currency in World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic. It can be used for everything from your flying mount, to consumables, and anything you pick up at the Auction House.
Read on for our guide on how to maximise your gold.
Mining, Skinning and Herbalism
The three gathering professions are essential to making gold in Burning Crusade Classic
On the Skinning side, the most valuable items to farm are, in order:
- Cobra Scales are especially useful for the crafting of the Nethercobra Leg Armor, a must have!
- Thick Clefthoof Leather, most notably used to craft Nethercleft Leg Armor for tanks and the fearsome Drums of Battle.
- Knothide Leather, the base leather component of Burning Crusade Classic. It is used for the creation of all Leatherworking items in the expansion, and more.
For Mining, farm these:
- Eternium, an ore which doesn't have its own deposits. It can be found in the deposits of all types, especially Khorium.
- Khorium, a rare mineral with few deposits. It is generally found in the same places as Adamantite and is also the best way to obtain both Khorium and Eternium.
- Adamantite, a more common mineral whose real interest lies in the fact that it shares its farm locations with Khorium deposits, and therefore Eternium. Farm the Adamantite and you're bound to get everything except Fel Iron.
Finally, Herbalists should prioritizing the following plants:
- Fel Lotus, a rare and essential component in the creation of very high-level mixes. You find this plant only during the collection of other plants, completely at random.
- Terocone, a major component in the creation of all "burst" potions (such as the Haste Potion), as well as the Elixir of Major Agility.
- Felweed, useful for the creation of basic potions (such as the Super Mana Potion), as well as the Adept's Elixir and the Elixir of Major Agility.
- Netherbloom, a rather rare component necessary for the creation of certain "burst" potions (such as the Haste Potion), as well as other minor elixirs, flasks and potions (such as the Elixir of Major Mageblood).
Enchantment is hands down one of the best trades in terms of profit, since even with a single point in this job you'll be able to disenchant any item, including from raid bosses!
However, to maximize the effectiveness of this profession, we strongly recommend that you focus on very high-level enchantments, especially Enchant Weapon - Mongoose. This enchant will always be in high demand.
As soon as you have the components, let players know in the Trade Channel of your faction's capitals, and you should have plenty of orders. Depending on the player's missing mats, the buyer, and the quality of the requested enchantment, you will make a nice profit.
These also count among the most coveted and prestigious enchantments:
- Enchant Weapon - Sunfire
- Enchant Weapon - Mongoose
- Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats
- Enchant Gloves - Threat
High-level Alchemists are invaluable to all guilds tackling PvE raids, especially those with the transmutation specialization -- since many Alchemists choose the Potion or Elixir specializations for practicality.
List of Transmutations:
- Primal Earth to Life
- Primal Life to Earth
- Primal Fire to Mana
- Primal Mana to Fire
- Primal Shadow to Water
- Primal Shadow to Water
There are even two farmable transmutations necessary for the creation of both PvE and PvP meta-gems:
- Transmute Skyfire Diamond
- Transmute Earthstorm Diamond
For Alchemists who aren't necessarily aiming for high-level raids and don't have access to Flasks, there are other great ways to make a nice little bundle of gold.
These include getting the recipes for the most-wanted flasks quickly, which just requires crafting items using Alchemy -- you'll randomly 'discover' recipes while doing so, and if you're lucky these will be some the most important ones.
The most popular are:
- Flask of Fortification
- Flask of Mighty Restoration
- Flask of Pure Death
- Flask of Relentless Assault
Finally, you still have the possibility of obtaining old-style 'farmable' recipes by reaching certain reputation levels, or by repeatedly killing creatures. The recipes for 'burst' potions that regenerate mana or HP are obtained this way.
Among the most popular are:
- Elixir of Major Agility
- Elixir of Major Mageblood
- Super Mana Potion
- Haste Potion
- Destruction Potion
- Insane Strength Potion
Tailoring and Cloth
Overall, Tailors have nothing to envy of the other professions, because they are the only ones who can make the bags that absolutely every player needs.
From the Warlock's Ebon Shadowbag and the Primal Mooncloth Bag, to more specific bags such as the Spellfire Bag, there is plenty to craft and sell for top dollar.
If crafting bags isn't your taste, you still have the option of farming high-level bosses for in-demand items, including Pattern: Girdle of Ruination and Pattern: Vengeance Wrap. The components will set you back a small fortune, but the commission on top will be worth it!
Finally, whether you are a Tailor or not, cloth itself is also a great way to make yourself a small fortune.
Cloth with the highest value are as follows.
Remember that a specialization in a specific cloth allows you to create two pieces, instead of just the one for other cloths you don't choose for your specialization.
- Primal Mooncloth -- the pattern can be bought from Nasmara Moonsong in Lower Shattrath City
- Shadowcloth -- the pattern can be bought from Andrion Darkspinner in Lower Shattrath City
- Spellcloth -- the pattern can be bought from Gidge Spellweaver in Lower Shattrath City
- Netherweave Cloth, which is best farmed from the Mana-Tombs and Manaforge B'naar
Cooks are the food suppliers to the Auction House, so those who manage to get the best recipes early on can quickly gain a short-term monopoly and make a ton of money.
Recipes are not generally very difficult to farm, and can provide you with some income, albeit much less than that obtained through most of the main professions.
Some of the major recipes include:
- Crunchy Serpent
- Golden Fish Sticks
- Skullfish Soup
- Spicy Hot Talbuk
- Roasted Clefthoof
- Warp Burger
Items to be farmed
Farming isn't the easiest in Burning Crusade Classic, but it can be very lucrative if you find the right items and dedicate some of your time to it. Here is the list of the most-searched items, as well as their locations:
- Firewing Signet: Dropped by Blood Elves in Terokkar Forest. Grants rep with The Scryers.
- Sunfury Signet: Dropped by Blood Elves in Shadowmoon Valley, Netherstorm and certain instances. Grants rep with The Scryers.
- Arcane Tome: Dropped by Blood Elves in Shadowmoon Valley, Netherstorm, Terokkar Forest and certain instances. Grants rep with The Scryers.
- Mark of Kil'jaeden: Obtained from Cabal members in Terokkar Forest and demons everywhere. Grants rep with The Aldor.
- Mark of Sargeras: Obtained primarily from demons and Cabal members of high-level instances, notably the Shadow Labyrinth. Grants rep with The Aldor.
- Fel Armament: Obtainable mainly from demons and Cabal members of high-level instances, notably the Shadow Labyrinth. Grants rep with The Aldor.
- Darkmoon Cards: These allow the creation of powerful Level 70 trinkets, including the dreaded Darkmoon Card: Vengeance
- Mote of Fire: Allows the creation of Primal Fire without going through transmutation, a component which is also essential in many high-level recipes (Spellfire Gloves for example). The best place to farm these is Nagrand's Elemental Plateau.
- Mote of Mana: Allows the creation of Primal Mana without going through transmutation, an essential component for the creation of certain high-level recipes -- especially Spellcloth. The best place to farm these is Kirin'var, in Netherstorm.
- Mote of Water: Allows the creation of Primal Water without going through transmutation, an essential component for the creation of certain high level recipes -- especially Primal Mooncloth. The best place to farm these is the lake north of Garafar, in Nagrand.
- Mote of Air: Allows the creation of Primal Air without going through transmutation, an essential component for the creation of certain high-level recipes -- especially Nethercobra Leg Armor. The best place to farm these is Nagrand's Elemental Plateau.
- Mote of Life: Allows the creation of Primal Life without going through transmutation, an essential component for the creation of certain high-level recipes -- especially Primal Mooncloth and Golden Spellthread. The best place to farm these is the Spawning Glen, in Zangarmarsh.
- Mote of Shadow: Allows the creation of Primal Shadow without going through transmutation, an essential component for the creation of certain high level recipes -- especially Shadowcloth. The best place to farm this is around Oshu'gun, Nagrand.
- Mote of Earth: Allows the creation of Primal Earth without going through transmutation, an essential component for the creation of certain high level recipes -- especially Mercurial Adamantite and Nethercleft Leg Armor. The best place to farm these is the southern edge of Nagrand, near Oshu'gun.
- Serpent Flesh: Craft Crunchy Serpent, a consumable used by most max-level spellcasters. They are found on most flying (or not) Outland serpents, especially around Death's Door in the Blade's Edge Mountains.
- Clefthoof Meat: Used to craft Roasted Clefthoof, a consumable used by most Warriors and DPS Paladins, as well as Enhancement Shamans. They are found on all Clefthoofs around Garadar and Telaar in Nagrand.
- Warped Flesh: Used to craft Warp Burger, a consumable used by most Hunters, Rogues and Feral Druids. They can be found on all Warp Stalkers, including those near the Bonechewer Ruins of Terokkar Forest.
Rogues have a great ability to earn gold easily thanks to their unique Pick Lock skill, which allows them to open locked chests such as Khorium Lockbox.
Level up this skill if you play this class, as it will pay off -- once your skill has been raised to high level, let it be known that you are selling your lockpicking services on the Trade Channel of your faction's capitals (or World).
This should lead to a good number of requests and a tidy commission.
This skill is also very useful in opening the door leading to the Shattered Halls, the Shadow Labyrinth, and even The Arcatraz without needing the Keys normally required. Earn moneyt from this service too!
Playing the Auction House
Ultimately, one of the most effective ways to earn massive amounts of gold is through Auction House speculation.
This is an activity requiring a lot of time and a relatively large initial gold investment, but if you manage to gain a monopoly over one or more of the major AH resources for a sustained period of time, you will quickly become one of the richest players on your server.
This also requires knowledge of the market and its needs, so you'll need to have in mind what top players are looking for as a priority, and be able to benefit from that knowledge when buying and selling.
Like World of Warcraft Classic, Burning Crusade Classic will see content rolled out in several phases. Here's what you need to know about raids, instances and other content.